Morata: Chelsea striker offered to Atlético Madrid, Barcelona
AS has learned that the striker, who's also interesting Bayern, Dortmund, PSG, and Roma, has been offered to the pair with a view to a January move.
Unsettled Chelsea striker Álvaro Morata has been offered to Atlético Madrid and Barcelona with a view to a January move, AS has confirmed, with the LaLiga pair both interested in the former Real Madrid man.
Host of clubs chasing Morata's signature this month
Morata, who has grown disillusioned with life at Stamford Bridge, is rapidly becoming the most sought-after player in the January market, with Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Paris Saint-Germain, Roma, Sevilla and AC Milan all also credited with an interest in landing the 26-year-old this month.
With Munir El Haddadi set to leave the Camp Nou, Morata is a potential solution for Barça as they look to bolster their options at centre-forward. Meanwhile, his arrival at Atlético would require Los Rojiblancos to jettison at least two players in order to meet LaLiga's 'financial fair play' rules on squads' salary bills.
Chelsea are not willing to pick up any of Morata’s annual nine-million-euro pay packet, meaning that any club hoping to sign the Spain international will have to factor in a sizeable sum in wages.
Morata Chelsea replacement would have to be found first
A winter-window departure from Chelsea is most likely to be on a loan basis - either with or without an end-of-season purchase option - with the Premier League club not expected to sanction a move until they have sourced a replacement. Milan's Gonzalo Higuaín is the preferred choice of Blues manager Maurizio Sarri, who coached the Argentinean at Napoli.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops