Messi, Suárez miss Barcelona's Copa del Rey tie at Levante
Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde has opted to leave star forwards Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi out of his squad to face Levante.
Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez are absent from Barcelona's squad for the first leg of their Copa del Rey tie at Levante.
Barça, who have won the tournament four years in a row, go to Ciutat de Valencia in the last 16 on Thursday.
But they will do so without two of their leading lights as Ernesto Valverde has opted not to name Messi and Suárez in his squad.
No Munir as striker heads for exit
Jeison Murillo, a loan signing from Valencia, is in the group after being an unused substitute in a 2-1 win against Getafe last time out, Messi and Suárez scoring the goals.
Munir El Haddadi is another absentee after Valverde indicated the striker, whose contract expires at the end of the season, has played his last game for the club.
Vidal could be used further forward
Valverde suggested at a pre-match news conference he was considering using midfielder Arturo Vidal in a more advanced role against Levante.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes