Solari: "In no way are there personal issues with Isco"
The coach stated that he has to make decisions that suit certain circumstances and lamented Karim Benzema's hand injury.
Real Madrid head coach Santiago Solari spoke to Movistar Partidazo after the LaLiga game at the Benito Villamarin where his side recorded a 1-2 victory.
A defensive line of three?: "It was something that was imposed given the amount of injuries the side is currently contending with. Sadly we have to add Benzema to that list with his fractured finger".
Marcelo was on the bench with Reguilón starting: "These are decisions that are made to suit a game plan"
Will you let Isco leave should he request to do so?: "We are a squad that is open to taking in talent from Castilla should we need to do so. Every player is important but that question is not one for me".
Solari then spoke at the official post match press conference and was once again asked for the motivation on leaving both Marcelo and Isco on the bench:
“We are what we are and we played a decent game this evening. One needs to look at the effort given by the side. There is nothing personal behind the tactical decisions. I hate to repeat myself but the squad is what it is and we all work for a common goal. Every player does his part to help the collective” stated the Argentine coach.
Recommended in English
- LIGA MX Atlas to face Pumas UNAM in the semi-final
- PRIMEIRA LIGA Covid-hit Belenenses SAD hammered by Benfica in forfeited game
- JUVENTUS Juventus confirm police probe into Serie A club's transfer dealings
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats