Barcelona could snap up Stuani for less than buy-out clause
Girona's Cristhian Stuani, the third highest scorer in LaLiga, may be available to Barcelona for less than the 15 million euros stipulated in his buyout clause.
Barcelona's search for a '9' to reinforce its squad after the departure of Munir to Sevilla is in full swing.
Cristhian Stuani is the latest name being linked to the club, who, aside from the Girona striker, have also set their sights on Chelsea’s Álvaro Morata (who is also a reported target of Atlético Madrid). And it is understood that coach Ernesto Valverde wants to resolve the ‘9’ issue as soon as possible, and as early as this week.
The 32-year-old is a player who exceeds the requirements that Valverde is asking for and a player “who knows how LaLiga goes", so says an AS club source. And what comes as a pleasant surprise for Barcelona is the possibility of securing Stuani for less than the 15 million euros stipulated in his release clause.
However, at the official level, both clubs have denied any contact regarding Stuani. Girona has not received any formal offer from Barcelona, who have kep schtum about over their intentions in the market. Stuani himself, meanwhile, is said to be excited about the possibility of joining Barcelona, but is remaining level-headed.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift