Dembélé off with injured left leg against Leganés
The Barcelona player attempted to turn on the ball and ended up on the turf in agony.
Dembélé was having a wonderful game for Barcelona against Leganés in LaLiga on Sunday night. The Barça striker was by far the liveliest player on the pitch and had give the home side the lead in the first half with a fine finish off the inside of the post.
Dembélé slipped and injured himself
However in the 65th minute the French player attempted a turn and his right leg slipped away from him, trapping his left leg under his body and forcing both the ankle and knee into unnatural positions.
Dembélé was left lying on the turf in clear pain and required medical attention before being subbed off for Malcom. He stayed on the bench rather than being taken for more treatment, but was clearly in discomfort and was seen touching both the affected knee and the ankle.
Barcelona confirmed after the match that Dembélé has an ankle sprain and will undergo tests on Monday.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Federer "feels strong" after knee surgery
- UFC McGregor's first pitch at Wrigley nearly a knockout
- US NEWS Autopsy confirms remains found in Grand Teton Park are Gabby Petito's
- Browns place Landry on IR with sprained MCL
- NBA Brooklyn Nets GM Marks on NYC vaccine mandate and high expectations: "We're ready"
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement