Godín joins Atlético injury list
Koke, Diego Costa, Stefan Savic and Filipe Luis are already injured for Atlético Madrid, with Diego Godín joining them on the sidelines.
Atlético Madrid have confirmed captain Diego Godín has been sidelined by a thigh problem, the centre-back adding to the injury problems for the LaLiga title hopefuls.
Godin, who has been linked with a move to Inter, was forced off at half-time of Atlético's 2-0 home win against Getafe on Saturday.
Not clear whether Godín will make Juventus clash
Atleti host Juventus in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on 20 February and it is unclear whether Godin will be available.
"Our captain has undergone an MRI at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra and the results offered by the medical services of the club indicates that he suffers an elongation in the adductor muscle of the right thigh and remains pending evolution," a club statement said.
Joins Savic, Luis, Koke and Costa in Atleti sick bay
Godín joins a concerning injury list for coach Diego Simeone with defenders Stefan Savic and Filipe Luis already sidelined along with Spain internationals Koke and Diego Costa.
Atlético travel to Real Betis on Sunday before hosting Real Madrid, then they take on another local rival in Rayo Vallecano on 16 February.
Simeone's side are second in the LaLiga table, five points behind leaders Barcelona, having won six of their last seven games in the league.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers