Sergio Ramos on more goals than 6 of Europe's top strikers
Real Madrid's captain has scored 10 goals for his club and four goals for Spain. Eight of those have come from the penalty spot, the other six were headers.
"Sergio Ramos isn't a centre-back, he's whatever the kind of player he wants to be", Luis Enrique said during the half-time interval of Espanyol's league meeting with Real Madrid - after witnessing the Madrid captain find the net once again. Ramos' tally stands at 14 goals. Cristiano Ronaldo's departure has given Ramos free rein to satisfy his goal-scoring appetite.
Boosted by the eight penalties which he has successfully converted this season, the defender has scored more goals than six of the top strikers in Europe. Ramos is on 14 goals: 10 for Real Madrid and four for the national team. Those are figures which eclipse those gained so far by Higuaín (8 goals), Morata (9), Falcao (11), Firmino (12), Dzeko (12) and Lukaku (13).
Apart from his eight goals from the penalty spot, the other six goals have all been headers. And of the 10 goals he's netted for Real Madrid, five have been in LaLiga, three in the Copa del Rey, one in the European Super Cup and one in the Club World Cup.
Goals scored 2018-2019
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 How long after the booster shot are you fully vaccinated?
- COVID-19 What is the natural rate of unemployment formula?
- NFL Which QB has the most 400 yard passing games in the NFL?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano injures himself performing classic goal celebration
- LALIGA Barcelona: Gavi taken to hospital with concussion
- NBA LeBron James 'frustrated' and 'angry' with covid-19 protocols