Real Madrid: Mallorca's Ramón and Sintes to join Los Blancos
17-year-old defenders Pablo Ramón and Xavi Sintes are to move to LaLiga giants Real Madrid in the summer for a total of one million euros.
Real Madrid have agreed to sign 17-year-old centre-backs Pablo Ramón and Xavi Sintes from Real Mallorca in a one-million-euro double transfer, with the pair to remain at the Segunda División club until the end of the season.
Both age-group internationals for Spain
Ramón has already made his senior debut for Mallorca, becoming the first player born this century to feature for Los Bermellones when he appeared in a Copa del Rey clash against Real Valladolid in October.
A Spain Under-18 international, Ramón will be part of the Spanish squad at the annual Copa del Atlántico youth tournament in Las Palmas next month.
Sintes, a towering centre-half at six foot three, started out at Menorca-based club Atlético Villacarlos before joining the Mallorca academy at a young age, and has represented Spain at Under-17 level.
Youngsters set to follow in Asensio footsteps
The deal sees Ramón and Sintes follow in the footsteps of winger Marco Asensio, who graduated from the Mallorca youth set-up before being snapped up by Madrid in 2014.
Recommended in English
- NFL “Nobody is satisfied here” Brady and the Bucs are ready to take on the Eagles!
- NFL NFL: Rams' Weddle set for stunning playoff comeback against Cardinals
- NFL Tom Brady vs Jalen Hurts: wild card appearances, stats and records
- USMNT Juventus boss praises USMNT midfielder Weston McKennie
- AFCON 2022 Khazri nets brace as Eagles of Carthage soar past the Lions
- AFCON 2022 Late blunder and Kessie miss cost Elephants