Stuani extends Girona contract after Barça interest
Veteran Uruguayan forward Cristhian Stuani has signed a deal until June 2022 after being pursued by Barcelona, Girona have announced.
Cristhian Stuani signed a new contract at Girona, having been linked with LaLiga champions Barcelona.
Stuani emerged as a target for Spanish leaders Barca in January, however, a move did not materialise.
@CristhianStuani “M’identifico amb els valors del club: compromís, dedicació, esforç, sacrifici i il·lusió. Vull continuar fent història amb el Girona” #Stuani2022— Girona FC (@GironaFC) February 1, 2019
Vídeo sencer https://t.co/Xs1DLRpzVn #GironaFC #OrgullGironí #Girona @LaLiga pic.twitter.com/3fp2JDQl7r
Now, the veteran forward has signed a deal until June 2022, Girona announced on Friday.
The 32-year-old Uruguay international has scored 12 goals in LaLiga this season – the best return from a player outside of Barça pair Lionel Messi (19) and Luis Suárez (15).
Girona – 14th in the standings – travel to Eibar on Sunday.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team