Messi likely available for the Clásico despite knock
The Barcelona forward picked up a knock in the 2-2 draw against Valencia. His side play Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday night at the Camp Nou.
Leo Messi took a knock to his thigh in Barcelona’s 2-2 draw against Valencia in LaLiga on Saturday afternoon, with the Argentinean requiring attention from the Barcelona medical team, although he was fit to carry on.
Messi does not require medical tests
The club have now confirmed he has suffered a minor injury, but that it is “nothing serious” and he will not be going for tests. The player did undergo an initial examination of the damaged muscle as soon as he got back into the dressing, with the Barcelona medical team using their portable ultrasound scanner to check the bruised area.
Sunday is a day off for the Barcelona squad; Messi will go to training as usual on Monday to see how it feels.
Barcelona host Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday in the Camp Nou. All the evidence at present suggests Messi will be available for the match.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- MLB trade deadline Yankees get Rizzo from Cubs, Schwarber to Red Sox
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 30: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- Tokyo Olympics: Fraser-Pryce dazzles but Ta Lou sets the standard in stunning women's sprint heats
- NBA Wizards reportedly trade Westbrook to LA Lakers in draft-night blockbuster