Neymar: Barcelona president plays down chances of return
Neymar has been linked with a return to Barcelona, but Josep María Bartomeu has played down the chances of that happening.
Barcelona president Josep María Bartomeu played down a possible return to the club for Neymar, saying he had not spoken to the Paris Saint-Germain star.
Neymar, 27, has been linked with a return to the LaLiga champions, the club he left for PSG in 2017.
"The name of Neymar is not on the table"
But Bartomeu said he had not spoken to Neymar, or the Brazilian's father, as Barça prepare for next season.
"I have never spoken to them, nor have the father or player called me to return to Barça. They have not called," he told El Partidazo de COPE.
"We are preparing for next season and the name of Neymar is not on the table. We are talking about a PSG player and I do not think that PSG want to get rid of a player like him."
Brazilian currently out with foot injury
Sidelined with a foot injury, Neymar has scored 20 goals in 23 games this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history