Nantes demand full Sala transfer fee from Cardiff
Nantes is threatening to take legal action if they do not receive the first payment within 10 days and expect Cardiff to pay the full transfer fee of the missing footballer.
Nantes has demanded that Cardiff City pay the full transfer fee of £15 million (17 million euros) for missing footballer Emiliano Sala, reports BBC Wales.
Sala has been missing since the light aircraft on which he was travelling from Nantes to Cardiff lost contact with Jersey air traffic control on 21 January, leading to a widespread search for the plane and the two people on board – the Argentine footballer and pilot David Ibbotson.
The Piper Malibu plane has since been spotted on the seabed off Guernsey, where a body was seen inside the wreckage of the aircraft, but has yet to be identified.
Before the accident, the Argentine striker had already signed a contract with Cardiff to become the most expensive player in the club’s history.
The agreement reached by Nantes and Cardiff was that the Premier League club would pay the £15 million fee in instalments over three years. But Cardiff have “withheld the first scheduled payment until they are satisfied with the documentation,” reports the BBC.
Now, Nantes is threatening to take legal action if they do not receive the payment within 10 days and expect Cardiff ot pay the full transfer fee.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win