Isco pulls out of pre-derby training session with back pain
The player carried out the initial stages of today's session at Valdebebas but later complained of back pains and was forced to retire from the session.
Real Madrid carried out their final training session this morning ahead of tomorrow's Madrid derby as they face Atletico at the Wanda Metropolitano (16:15 kick-off CET). Both injured Marcos Llorente and Luca Zidane were absent from the session bit it was Isco who provided the talking point of the morning.
The creative midfielder carried out the initial phase of the session as the team carried out ball work but then appeared to complain of a back problem which subsequently saw him retire to the Valdebebas dressing room ahead of the rest of the squad. This setback comes after his well documented tension with first team coach Santi Solari and the problem may see the player being omitted from the squad for the derby game.
Llorente picked up a muscular injury in his quadriceps again in the mid-week Copa del Rey game against Barça at Camp Nou and this will see him miss approximately three to four weeks of action as Madrid face a packed fixture list in February.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2