Alarm bells at Real Madrid as Benzema misses training
The French striker missed training on Monday with neck pain but they are confident that he will be ready to play against Ajax in the Champions League on Wednesday.
Real Madrid's week has started with bad news as Karim Benzema did not train with the group at Valdebebas on Monday. The French striker missed out on the session with his teammates due to pain in his neck and he remained inside the facilities at the Ciudad Deportiva. The idea, at the moment, is that Benzema will play against Ajax but everything depends on how the issue develops over the coming days.
The news comes at an inopportune time for Real Madrid given how well Benzema is currently playing. He is the top scorer this season with 18 goals and he has scored three in his last three LaLiga games.
Under Solari, Benzema is one of the first names on the teamsheet and he has played the striker in 81% of the total minutes he has been in charge. The 30-year-old has accumulated 1,827 minutes since the Argentine manager took over. At Madrid, they are confident that the rest will do him good in order to alleviate the pain in his neck with an eye on having him fit and ready on Wednesday.
Recommended in English
- TENNIS Osaka gives up AO crown: 'This is the biggest step, even though I lost'
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Nothing quite beats single leg cup football
- NFL NFL playoffs: Rams must score big to beat Brady and Bucs, says Stafford
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel: a year on
- QATAR 2022 World Cup Qatar 2022, African Qualifiers play-off draw: how and where to watch, times, TV, online