Real Madrid: Bale snubs Lucas Vázquez celebrations after goal
Gareth Bale has again courted celebration controversy after snubbing his team-mate's attempts to embrace him after his winner at Levante.
Gareth Bale was at the centre of renewed celebration controversy after scoring the winning goal in Real Madrid's LaLiga victory over Levante on Sunday night.
Bale gives Vázquez brush-off after scoring winner
Having landed himself in trouble for gesturing at the Atlético Madrid fans after netting in his side's derby win earlier this month, Bale raised eyebrows by rejecting team-mate Lucas Vázquez's attempt to embrace him when his late penalty secured a 2-1 triumph.
Images then showed a surprised Vázquez shouting something in response at the Welshman, who has slipped down the pecking order under Santiago Solari and appeared to be unhappy at having been restricted to a second-half substitute appearance at the Ciutat de València.
Mijatovic blasts "disgraceful" Bale
Speaking on the Spanish radio station Cadena SER, ex-Madrid player Predrag Mijatovic branded Bale's actions "disgraceful", with Álvaro Benito, also formerly of Los Blancos, adding: "You don't get the feeling that he's properly annoyed, though; I'd like to see him really angry at not playing, and showing Solari that he's desperate to be able to play..."
The incident offers further evidence of Bale's increasingly distant relationship with the rest of the squad. He and Toni Kroos were the only players not to attend a recent team meal, while Thibaut Courtois discussed the forward's lack of integration in an interview last week, revealing that he is known in the dressing room as 'the Golfer'.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics