Casemiro: It's no time to talk about Cristiano Ronaldo
After Real Madrid crashed to a Clasico defeat to Barcelona, Casemiro had no interest in discussing Cristiano Ronaldo.
Casemiro said there was no point discussing Cristiano Ronaldo again after Real Madrid's Copa del Rey loss to Barcelona.
A Luis Suarez brace and Raphael Varane own goal saw Barca claim a 3-0 win at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday, sealing a 4-1 aggregate success in the semi-finals.
Vinicius Junior, had Madrid's best chances but was unable to convert, and they were punished in the second half.
Casemiro said there was no reason to discuss Juventus' Ronaldo once again, despite the former Madrid star's absence being felt by the European giants.
"We cannot talk about a player who is not here," he told reporters following the tie.
"A week ago we talked about [Karim] Benzema being the best nine, Vinicius, Lucas [Vazquez] … we cannot talk about Cristiano because he's not a Madrid player. We missed a goal, but the top players are doing everything very well, especially Karim, who is making his best season at Madrid."
Casemiro refused to blame Vinicius, who attempted five shots in the first half against Barça.
"Speaking only about him is unfair. He is daring, courageous and not afraid of anything," he said. His level is spectacular for his age."
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass