Simeone without Costa, Thomas, Lucas and Filipe Luis for Juve trip
Diego Simeone has called up four youth players in the absence of Costa, Lucas, Thomas and Filipe Luis.
Atlético Madrid have touched down in Turin where they will face Juventus in the second leg of the Champions League last-16 tie on Tuesday night.
Coach Diego Simeone will be without four key figures for the crucial game, which Atlético begin with a 2-0 advantage from the first leg three weeks ago. Diego Costa and Thomas Partey will miss the game due to suspension, while Lucas Hernandez and Filipe Luis both remain unavailable through injury.
The good news for the Argentine coach is that Diego Godín has travelled. The captain missed Saturday’s win against Leganés after he picked up a knock in training on Friday, but has since proven he is fit enough to fly to Turin.
With the absence of Costa, Partey, Lucas and Filipe, Simeone has called up four youth players: goalkeeper Dos Santos, central defender Francisco Javier Montero, midfielder Mikel Carro and striker Joaquín Muñoz.
In total the Argentine coach has taken a squad of 20 players for the Juve clash: Oblak, Adan, Dos Santos; Godin, Arias, Savic, Juanfran, Gimenez, Montero; Koke, Saúl, Lemar, Rodrigo, Vitolo, Carro, Joaquin; Griezmann, Kalinic, Correa and Morata.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool