Jordi Alba extends Barcelona contract till 2024
The Spanish left-back appeared alongside club president Josep Maria Bartomeu and vice-president Jordi Mestre to put pen to paper.
As expected, Jordi Alba has committed his future to FC Barcelona, signing a contract extension that will, barring no changes, keep him with the club until 30 June 2024.
Alba with Barça til 2024
The full-back appeared with club president Josep Maria Bartomeu, as well as the vice-president, Jordi Mestre, to complete the deal that has been in discussion for some time. Although there had been some reported uncertainty about the extension - with many of Europe's biggest clubs interested in the Spaniard - it always seemed most likely that the negotiations would be concluded. Within the contract there is a release clause of 500 million euros, aimed at removing the chances of another Neymar situation occurring.
Jordi Alba, now 29, started at the famed La Masía academy, although then developed further in Valencia's youth set-up, and a loan spell at Nástic. By 2012, Barça had seen enough to convince them to bring him back, and paid 14 million euros for his services. At the time of him agreeing his new contract he had played 284 matches for the Catalan club, scoring 14 goals and, more importantly, providing 54 assists. Alba willl be 35 when his contract expires.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds