Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates with Simeone's 'big balls' gesture
After scoring a hat-trick to turn the tie against Atlético Madrid on its head, the Juventus forward responded in kind to their manager.
After Atlético Madrid won the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie over Juventus, their manager Diego Simeone celebrated in controversial fashion. As the final whistle blew on a second leg that saw the lead overturned, the hat-trick hero decided to follow suit.
Cristiano and his 'big balls'
For the usually defensively sound Atlético, a two-goal advantage should have been enough. But in Turin, in front of a noisy home support, it proved not to be. The forward that they were facing, Cristiano Ronaldo, was someone they knew well and, once again, it was the Champions League record-breaker who did all the damage.
To celebrate, the former Real Madrid hero went to the side of the pitch and towards his own fans gave an energetic version of the celebration that Simeone apologised for afterwards, one that he was fined for. The Juventus supporters lapped it up. Another Champions League man of the match performance. Big balls, indeed.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: boxers’ predictions
- LAVER CUP 2021 Laver Cup 2021 schedule: matches, rounds, dates & times
- PREMIER LEAGUE The Man City middle muddle: Can Guardiola get it right to stop a fourth straight defeat to Chelsea?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game