PSG still have to come up with €150 million with outgoings inevitable
The accounts that were looked into by TAS were before Mbappé and Neymar and PSG will have to come up with €150 with transfers out looking inevitable.
The decision for TAS to close the case opened regarding PSG's spending closes one chapter for the club. It does not, however, wipe the slate clean for the Ligue 1 side. Their accounts up until the 2016-17 season have been looked at but the following years, which saw Neymar, Mbappé and the likes of Leandro Paredes join the club are still pending examination.
According to L'Equipe, PSG are still obliged to come up with €150 million to justify their spending and to avoid a new examination by UEFA. Sales, according to Footmercato, could be inevitable if sponsorship deals are not substantially increased.
PSG will have a new shirt sponsor with the Accor Hotel Group advertising their brand on the front of their jersey in exchange for €50 million. That figure is twice what Fly Emirates were paying but there is also risk there given Qatar is a shareholder in the company with 10.44% of a stake through Qatar Investment Authority.
In any case, the new deal will allow PSG to increase their spend after a fall of 13% in sponsorship for the 2017-18 season with €94.1 million. The total income of the Parisian club is €540 million.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What businesses accept payment with cryptocurrencies in the US?
- NFL How many times have the Los Angeles Rams reached the NFC NFL Conference Finals?
- NFL How many times have Cincinnati Bengals reached AFC Championship Game?
- SOCCER Cristiano Ronaldo complains about market valuation and asks for an explanation
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Spotify seal deal for Camp Nou naming rights
- 'I thought I was dreaming!' – Warriors star Wiggins reacts to All-Star selection