Danny Welbeck back in Arsenal training after broken ankle
Arsenal have been boosted by Danny Welbeck's return to training during their warm-weather break in Dubai.
Danny Welbeck has returned to training with Arsenal - his first days back working with the squad after suffering a broken ankle in November. The England international was hurt during the Gunners' 0-0 Europa League draw with Sporting Clube de Portugal, after falling awkwardly on his foot. Welbeck underwent surgery twice after the incident and Arsenal were unsure how long he would be out for.
Mini-break in UAE
But the 28-year-old forward was back in training again on Friday during Arsenal's warm-weather break in Dubai, with a video posted to the club's Twitter account showing him being put through his paces by a fitness coach. Arsenal have not said when they expect him to return to competitive action, however.
Recommended in English
- NFL Chicago Bears pinpoint Eberflus as Nagy successor
- NFL Could Aaron Rodgers follow Nathaniel Hackett to Broncos?
- NFL Which NFL team has reached the Conference Finals the most in history? Full list
- BARCELONA Who will Barcelona sign before the end of the January transfer window?
- TRANSFER MARKET Real Madrid: Palmeiras to slap €100m price tag on Brazil wonderkid Endrick
- SERIE A Vlahovic tipped to fill Cristiano Ronaldo's boots at Juventus