Tite to consider Vinicius for this summer's Copa América
Uncapped and injured, Vinicius Junior could still get a spot for Brazil at this summer's Copa América which takes place from 14 June to 7 July.
Tite is open to picking Vinicius Junior for the Copa América, insisting Brazil were missing the Real Madrid teenager's individual skill. Vinicius, 18, is sidelined with an ankle injury and missed Brazil's 1-1 friendly draw against Panama on Saturday. The forward may not return until early May, which is a month and a half away from when the Copa América starts.
Vinicius yet to be capped at senior level
Tite said Brazil could still use Vinicius, who is uncapped but has starred for his nation at youth levels. "Taking advantage of the question about the characteristics of Vinicius and our idea of football, it's to have these players that unbalance the rival," he said. "Players who make individual moves, dribbles, to break the opponent's defence. Vinicius has this characteristic, David Neres has this characteristic."
Brazil face the Czech Republic in another friendly in Prague on Tuesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops