Real Madrid: Juventus reportedly keen on Raphael Varane signing
Juventus are the latest club to be linked with a summer move for Varane, who is said to be weighing up his Real Madrid future.
A host of European clubs have been linked with Real Madrid's Raphael Varane in the wake of L'Équipe's report that he is considering leaving the Bernabéu.
Juve reportedly the latest club to eye Varane
With Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich already among the major suitors believed to be eyeing Varane, a report in Italy now says that Juventus could also be readying themselves to make a summer move for the centre-back.
Sport Mediaset claims that, amid stiff competition from Barcelona in the race to sign Netherlands defender Matthijs de Ligt from Ajax, the Serie A champions are poised to turn their attentions to the France international.
Last season, Varane signed a new, five-year Madrid deal featuring a prohibitive 500m-euro release clause, but should he be adamant that he wishes to depart, Los Blancos will have little option but to negotiate with potential buyers.
Juventus move for Marcelo now seems unlikely
Juve had also been tipped to sign Varane's club-mate Marcelo, who was expected to move on if Santiago Solari remained as Madrid coach beyond the summer.
However, Zinedine Zidane's re-appointment as Bernabéu boss is thought to have changed the player's plans, and persuaded the Bianconeri against a swoop that they now feel would be more difficult to get over the line.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers