Corinthians to return Sergio Díaz to Real Madrid
The 21-year-old Paraguayan striker was loaned to the Brazilian club with a purchase option.
In 2016 Real Madrid signed Paraguayan striker Sergio Díaz from Cerro Porteño with the idea he would play for Real Madrid Castilla. A year later they sent him on loan to Lugo, where he barely played after breaking his cruciate ligament.
Díaz sent on loan to Corinthians
On his return Díaz was sent on loan to Corinthians in Brazil, where he's been since last summer and where his deal stipulates he'll be until 1 January 2020. But last season he only played 89 minutes in two games and although he did play in the Copa Sudamericana against Racing de Avellanada last month, Corinthians have already decided they won't exercise their purchase option for the player at the end of his deal, according to UOL.
The option allowed Corinthians to sign the Díaz permanently in return for eight million euros, but he will now be sent back to Madrid at the end of December, or, if the clubs reach an agreement to that effect, this summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics