Atlético: Griezmann "1,000 per cent" staying, insists Cerezo
Atlético Madrid's president has quashed rumours that Antoine Griezmann wants to leave the club, insisting he is going nowhere.
Antoine Griezmann will "1,000 per cent" be at Atlético Madrid next season, according to the club's president Enrique Cerezo.
Griezmann again linked with summer departure
Speculation has once again surfaced in recent weeks that the France international will attempt to engineer a move away from the club at the end of the season.
Barcelona would appear to be the most likely destination, given their very public interest in the 28-year-old before he committed his future to Atleti ahead of last year's World Cup.
Speaking to Spanish TV show El Rondo, Cerezo said: "I can confirm 1,000 per cent that he will remain an Atlético Madrid player next season."
Atlético face Barcelona in LaLiga this weekend
Griezmann is likely to line up against Girona in LaLiga on Tuesday before Atleti travel to league leaders Barça on Saturday.
The World Cup winner has scored 18 goals in 40 appearances across all competitions this season for Diego Simeone's side.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August