Atlético Madrid set to play in MLS 2019 All-Star game
Diego Simeone's side are leading candidates to play in the traditional MLS All-star match which will be played this summer in Orlando, Florida on July 31st.
Atlético Madrid are leading candidates to be the opponents for the MLS XI as part of the annual All-Star Game which will be staged this summer in Orlando on July 31.
Respected US based journalist Gant Wahl stated that the move to select Atleti is as good as done with the game adding to the club's already busy summer schedule.
Atlético Madrid are one of LaLiga's biggest sides and have established themselves on the European map with their recent Champions League final berths with "Los Colchonero's" current Europa League and UEFA Super Cup holders. The current side boasts big international names with the likes of Diego Costa, Álvaro Morata, Antoine Griezmann and Jan Oblak playing for the club.
Atleti will also participate in the 2019 ICC (International Champions Cup), playing two games on US soil: vs. Chivas in Arlington on July 23 and a 'Madrid derby vs. Real Madrid on July 26 with their game against Juventus in Stockholm on August 10 bringing their ICC participation to a close.
Recent sides to have been invited to participate in the MLS All Star game include the likes of: Juventus, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Tottenham, Bayern, Roma and Chelsea.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?