Vinicius: Real Madrid starlet signs Santos physio Thiago Lobo
AS has learned that the Brazilian forward has decided to add the physio to his support staff, in a move that has Real Madrid's blessing.
Much like his club, Real Madrid's 18-year-old starlet Vinicius is busy making preparations for next season, and is understood to have added Santos physiotherapist Thiago Lobo to his support staff.
Santos physio moves to Madrid to work with VInicius
The Brazilian is currently recovering from an ankle injury suffered in March's Champions League exit to Ajax, but rather than being solely aimed at aiding his rehabilitation, the appointment is believed to be a long-term one.
A decision taken on the player's initiative, it has Madrid's wholehearted support. After all, it is common for top-level footballers to hire professionals tasked with overseeing the fitness work they do away from their club's training ground.
Lobo also lived in Milan with Gabigol
A trusted physio for several well-known Brazilian players - he also spent a period with Gabigol in Italy following the striker's transfer to Inter Milan, for example - Lobo arrived in the Spanish capital on Tuesday to take up his new role.
Vinicius set to return early from ankle injury
Vinicius' recovery is progressing well, so much so that he is expected to return ahead of schedule, with his comeback now pencilled in for late April.
Recommended in English
- NATURAL DISASTERS Why do tsunamis happen in the Pacific Ocean?
- ENVIRONMENT Earth's sixth mass extinction has begun according to scientists
- TENNIS Djokovic could be spared three year Australia entry ban
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL NFL Playoff Bracket: Who will play who in the Divisional Round?
- TENNIS Djokovic banned from Australia for three years, federal government confirms