Vinicius: Real Madrid starlet signs Santos physio Thiago Lobo
AS has learned that the Brazilian forward has decided to add the physio to his support staff, in a move that has Real Madrid's blessing.
Much like his club, Real Madrid's 18-year-old starlet Vinicius is busy making preparations for next season, and is understood to have added Santos physiotherapist Thiago Lobo to his support staff.
Santos physio moves to Madrid to work with VInicius
The Brazilian is currently recovering from an ankle injury suffered in March's Champions League exit to Ajax, but rather than being solely aimed at aiding his rehabilitation, the appointment is believed to be a long-term one.
A decision taken on the player's initiative, it has Madrid's wholehearted support. After all, it is common for top-level footballers to hire professionals tasked with overseeing the fitness work they do away from their club's training ground.
Lobo also lived in Milan with Gabigol
A trusted physio for several well-known Brazilian players - he also spent a period with Gabigol in Italy following the striker's transfer to Inter Milan, for example - Lobo arrived in the Spanish capital on Tuesday to take up his new role.
Vinicius set to return early from ankle injury
Vinicius' recovery is progressing well, so much so that he is expected to return ahead of schedule, with his comeback now pencilled in for late April.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?