Diego Costa and Morata back training and will be available to play against Barcelona
The two forwards go into Saturday's game at Camp Nou after suffering physical problems but it's a game neither want to miss. Lemar was the only absentee.
Diego Simeone had some positive news at the Atlético training camp this morning - on the eve of the team's trip to Camp Nou to take on a Barcelona side who are eight points ahead of them in the table. Diego Costa and Álvaro Morata were back training with the squad which indicates that both could be available to start for Atleti tomorrow in a match which could revive their ambitions of snatching LaLiga from Barça. The only player who is certain to miss the trip is Thomas Lemar, who has also been struggling with fitness issues and continues to work apart from his team mates.
Morata suffered a sprain to the anterior talofibular ligament in his right ankle during Tuesday's league game against Girona. Diego Costa meanwhile was taken off at half-time during the previous game against Alavés and while tests revealed that his hamstring hadn't suffered a tear, it was sprained badly enough for him to miss the team's next game. On Wednesday, it was looking unlikely that Morata would recover in time.
It remains to be seen whether either will feature in the starting line-up against Barcelona or whether they will be reserved on the subs' bench. What is clear is that both of them do not want to miss Saturday's clash at Camp Nou.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother