Ajax - Juventus: Cristiano Ronaldo to start, Allegri confirms
Having recovered sufficiently from a thigh problem, Ronaldo is set to start when Juventus meet Ajax in the Champions League on Wednesday.
Cristiano Ronaldo is fit enough to start for Juventus in Wednesday's Champions League quarter-final first leg against Ajax.
Ronaldo over injury suffered in win against Atlético
Head coach Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed the 34-year-old has recovered sufficiently from a thigh injury sustained while on Portugal duty last month.
"Cristiano has trained well with the team. He will start tomorrow night," Allegri told a news conference on Tuesday.
Ronaldo has not played for the Serie A leaders since scoring a hat-trick in the 3-0 last-16 second-leg win over Atlético Madrid on 12 March.
Khedira or Bentancur to start in Juve midfield
Allegri also confirmed that either Sami Khedira or Rodrigo Bentancur will start in midfield, with Emre Can ruled out with an ankle sprain.
However, he said Germany midfielder Can is in line to be fit for the return game in Turin on 16 April. "He was in good form and I hope to have him at my disposal for the return leg," Allegri said.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash