Joao Félix makes history with Europa League hat-trick
It was a memorable and ground-breaking night for the Benfica teenager, who is attracting interest from Manchester United and Real Madrid.
Reported Manchester United and Real Madrid target Joao Felix became the youngest player in history to score a Europa League hat-trick with a stunning solo performance in the last eight.
Benfica's teenage sensation Félix walked away with the match ball thanks to his treble in Thursday's 4-2 first-leg victory over 10-man Eintracht Frankfurt in the quarter-finals.
It was a memorable and ground-breaking night for the 19-year-old star, who converted a 21st-minute penalty to open the scoring in Lisbon.
Linked with Premier League giants United and LaLiga powerhouses Madrid, Félix then restored Benfica's lead with a powerful effort from outside the box after Luka Jovic had equalised for Frankfurt.
Félix completed his hat-trick nine minutes into the second half when he side-footed past Kevin Trapp – surpassing Portugal legend Eusébio as he became the youngest Benfica player and the youngest Portuguese footballer to score three goals in Europe.
The Portugal youth international has scored 10 goals in 20 Primeira Liga appearances for leaders Benfica in his first senior season, with his treble giving him 15 goals in all competitions.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card