Rakitic and Sergi Roberto back training as Barça focus on Utd
Despite missing Barcelona's 0-0 draw away to Huesca, both players are due to be named in Valverde's squad to face the Red Devils in the Champions League on Tuesday.
The day after their 0-0 draw away to Huesca on Saturday, Barcelona now turn their attentions towards Tuesday's return leg in the Champions League quarter-final against Manchester United.
Rakitic and Sergi Roberto
Rakitic and Sergi Roberto were the story of Sunday's training session, with both missing the trip to bottom-placed Huesca due to fever and muscle problems, respectively. Both rejoined their team-mates in training and are set to be named among the Champions League squad tomorrow.
In Saturday's post-match interview, Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde Valverde admitted that Sergi Roberto was struggling to shake off the injury, which was why he wanted to take precautions with Semedo and Jordi Alba, who both only played a few minutes on Saturday. Sergi Roberto, however, is likely to start on the bench at the Camp Nou, as he did at Old Trafford.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool