Odriozola out for season after tangle with Vinicius Junior
The right back, who has been starting for Zinedine Zidane recently, had an awkward fall with Vinicius in training and has broken his collarbone.
Real Madrid right back Álvaro Odriozola has been ruled out for the remainder of the league season after breaking his collarbone in a training ground accident involving Vinicius Junior.
According to a medical report from Real Madrid, the 23-year-old defender fell awkwardly in a challenge with the Brazilian and has broken his collarbone.
Carvajal back to replace Odriozola
Odriozola, a Spain international who was in the squad for the World Cup in Russia, has been a regular starter under Zinedine Zidane since the Frenchman’s return to the club, playing 90 minutes four times under the Bernabéu boss. However, he was on the bench for the draw in Leganés as Dani Carvajal started after recovering from injury.
Now Zidane will hope that his first choice remains fit for the final six games of the season with his natural understudy ruled out. Odriozola may also struggle to make Luis Enrique’s squad for the Euro 2020 qualifiers against Faroe Islands and Sweden in June.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates