Odriozola out for season after tangle with Vinicius Junior
The right back, who has been starting for Zinedine Zidane recently, had an awkward fall with Vinicius in training and has broken his collarbone.
Real Madrid right back Álvaro Odriozola has been ruled out for the remainder of the league season after breaking his collarbone in a training ground accident involving Vinicius Junior.
According to a medical report from Real Madrid, the 23-year-old defender fell awkwardly in a challenge with the Brazilian and has broken his collarbone.
Carvajal back to replace Odriozola
Odriozola, a Spain international who was in the squad for the World Cup in Russia, has been a regular starter under Zinedine Zidane since the Frenchman’s return to the club, playing 90 minutes four times under the Bernabéu boss. However, he was on the bench for the draw in Leganés as Dani Carvajal started after recovering from injury.
Now Zidane will hope that his first choice remains fit for the final six games of the season with his natural understudy ruled out. Odriozola may also struggle to make Luis Enrique’s squad for the Euro 2020 qualifiers against Faroe Islands and Sweden in June.
Recommended in English
- NFL How and where to watch Broncos vs. Chiefs
- NFL Who plays Sunday night football tonight, week 13
- NFL What's the problem with Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins?
- LALIGA Barcelona: Gavi taken to hospital with concussion
- NCAA How much money do NCAA football coaches make?
- COVID-19 What is the natural rate of unemployment formula?