Man City closely monitoring Super Liga's 'new Messi'
Vélez Sarsfield's Thiago Almada has been making waves in this season's domestic campaign so much so that City are prepared to offset 23 million euro for his services.
Thiago Almada is another name that has been making waves in major European press outlets in the past weeks as thoughts turn to the 2019-20 campaign.
The 17-year-old has impressed this season playing for Vélez Sarsfield in the top flight of the Argentine league with many calling the midfielder "the new Messi". Manchester City are one of the big European sides monitoring the progression of the player and are apparently prepared to pay 23 million euro for the player's signature.
A potential move to City next summer would, given his age see the Argentine move on loan to one of the club's that compose the City Football Group with LaLiga's Girona being an obvious destination. Almada established himself in the Vélez youth system before breaking through to the first team this season making his debut against Newell's Old Boys in the Super Liga. The 17-year-old bagged 3 goals in his 16 games wearing the Vélez shirt.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series