Zlatan Ibrahimovic says Galaxy's only threat are themselves
LA Galaxy strode to victory against Houston Dynamo on Friday, with Zlatan on target again, the Swede assues that the only danger his team faces is from themselves.
LA Galaxy's winning continued at the weekend, this time with a win against Houston Dynamo on Friday night. Now on 18 points the team sits second in the Western Conference standings. Zlatan's team is having an excellent start to the season, with six victories and one defeat, and he's second in the goal scoring charts.
The captain was forthright about the team's chances in comments for the club website, saying the only rivalry they had is with themselves, focusing on maintaining their style of play and not falling into the trap of being overconfident.
"We must remain focus on ourselves because I think we are our own threat, if we relax and start underestimating rivals, they will punish us, we need to respect other teams and focus on us and our style if we play as we know, we are a threat against any team."
Ibrahimovic added that despite losing Romain Alessandrini, the team knew how to adapt in his absence and move the game forward in what tuned out to be an exciting a game with the home team collecting all three points.
Zlatan didn't hold back with with his comments when he added that if they had played to the best of their abilities, they would have won by a greater margin. "We played against a good team, we closed spaces, but I think we did not show our best game or we would have punished them more," he concluded.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?