PSG: Ander Herrera agrees four-year deal with Ligue 1 giants
AS understands that the Spain international has verbally agreed to leave Manchester United for PSG this summer to replace outcast Adrien Rabiot.
Ander Herrera has agreed a deal to join Paris Saint-Germain this summer on a free transfer when his contract at Manchester United expires, AS understands.
The Spain international will sign a four-year contract at the Parc des Princes after five season at Old Trafford having failed to come to an agreement over a new deal despite various attempts by United to retain his services.
Herrera to solve Tuchel's PSG midfield conundrum
According to L’Èquipe, Athletic Bilbao made a counter-offer to Herrera to rejoin the Lions, who he left in 2014 to move to Old Trafford for a fee of around 40 million euros. However, Herrera prefers the idea of a move to PSG, who have reportedly offered him a succulent salary that Athletic have little capacity to match. The chance to play in the Champions League and to form part of Thomas Tuchel’s midfield after a season in and out of the United team: Herrera has failed to even make the squad for the last four Premier League games Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has overseen.
Herrera’s arrival will pave the way for Adrien Rabiot to leave the Parc des Princes with the standoff between player and club over his refusal to sign a new contract now terminal. PSG signed Leandro Paredes for 40 million euros in January to provide a stop-gap in midfield with Marco Verratti suffering a series of injuries and Lassana Diarra deciding to call it a day in January.
Recommended in English
- NFL “Nobody is satisfied here” Brady and the Bucs are ready to take on the Eagles!
- NFL NFL: Rams' Weddle set for stunning playoff comeback against Cardinals
- NFL Tom Brady vs Jalen Hurts: wild card appearances, stats and records
- USMNT Juventus boss praises USMNT midfielder Weston McKennie
- AFCON 2022 Khazri nets brace as Eagles of Carthage soar past the Lions
- AFCON 2022 Late blunder and Kessie miss cost Elephants