Jesé Rodríguez to return to PSG after failing to convince Betis
The forward has scored just one solitary goal since he arrived on loan in January. Betis had considered buying Jesé outright but have decided against it.
Jesé Rodríguez will to París Saint-Germain once the season is over. His dreary displays and poor figures in front of goal and convinced Betis that they would be better off not exercising their puchase option on the player. The Verdiblancos decided some time ago that their money would be wiser spent on acquiring Argentine forward Giovani Lo Celso instead.
One goal in three months
Jesé has scored just one goal since he arrived at the end of the January transfer window - hitting the winner in the Week 27 meeting with Celta de Vigo. But that's been his only contribution in almost a thousand minutes of playing time. The writing was on the wall after his shocking miss in the derby against Sevilla.
It's been a frustrating three years for the 26-year-old, who has never reached the expectations placed on him while he was coming through the youth ranks at Real Madrid. PSG paid 25 million euros for him in 2016 but during the past three years he has been on a succesion of loans, with stints at Las Palmas, Stoke City and now Betis. In the three years since he left Real Madrid he has scored just seven goals in 59 games - poor returns for a player who will soon be looking for a new destination as he will be unlikely to find a place in the side at PSG where he still has another two years to run on his contract.
Recommended in English
- NATURAL DISASTERS Why do tsunamis happen in the Pacific Ocean?
- ENVIRONMENT Earth's sixth mass extinction has begun according to scientists
- TENNIS Djokovic could be spared three year Australia entry ban
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL NFL Playoff Bracket: Who will play who in the Divisional Round?
- TENNIS Djokovic banned from Australia for three years, federal government confirms