Arthur's house robbed during Liverpool game, sister threatened
Joaquín Sánchez, Ezequiel Garay, Daniel Alves and Kevin-Prince Boateng have all seen their houses broken into this year alone with Arhur being the latest victim.
Arthur Melo won't forget the night Barcelona played Liverpool at the Camp Nou in the Champions League semi-final. And not because he didn't play a single minute of the most important game of the season but because when he arrived home, he learned that his house had been broken into.
Two thieves entered his home and his sister had been threatened with a screwdriver while various valuables had been taken. According to journalist, Carlos Quílez, on programme, ‘Arusitys’ de La Sexta, the robbery took place during the game. The assailants believed the house was empty and while his sister was threatened, she was not injured physically during it.
Footballers houses being robbed increasingly common
This is not the first time this has happened at Barcelona. In fact, this season Jordi Alba's house was broken into and so was Kevin Prince Boateng's during Barça games. Nobody was hurt during both incidents although the thieves did steal valuables in the form of money, watches jewellery and other items.
This method of entering footballers houses while they play their games is becoming increasingly popular and several players have suffered robberies in recent months. In 2019 alone, it has happened to Joaquín Sánchez, Ezequiel Garay, Daniel Alves and Kevin-Prince Boateng, among others.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59
- NFL Trey Lance bringing the best out of Jimmy Garoppolo at 49ers
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Megan Rapinoe and Carli Lloyd earn bronze for USA in thriller
- Tokyo Olympics Tokyo Olympics: Reaching the start line was a miracle – Johnson-Thompson explains injury fightback
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?