Juventus have six-name shortlist for Cristiano additions - reports
Italian newspaper Tuttosport has reported that there are six names on Juve's shortlist as they attempt to build around Ronaldo for European glory.
Juventus will go into the transfer market in a big way this summer, state reports in Italy, in order to raise the level of the team just another notch. Despite strolling to yet another Serie A title, the Turin club was disappointed to exit the Champions League at the quarter-final stage, especially after splashing out on Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo at the beginning of the campaign.
Cristiano plus plus
On 20 April 2019, the Vecchia Signora sealed her eighth consecutive Scudetto, by which point the club's board had already started their planning for the next campaign. And according to Italian news outlet Tuttosport, Juve's sporting director, Fabio Paratici, has finalised the list of key recruits to be targeted.
The names of six players (not those reportedly asked for by Cristiano) are in the sights of the Bianconeri and five of those star in central midfield, including as playmaker: Rabiot, Ndombele (Lyon appear open to the idea), Isco, Pogba and James Rodríguez. The sixth is a defender who has the biggest clubs around Europe trying to woo him to join them, Ajax' Matthijs de Ligt. The 19-year-old centre-half did appear to have his chosen destination to Barcelona tied up, but with his outstanding performances for Ajax in the Champions League - having the Dutch side on the verge of a place in the final - a decision has been put on hold.
Isco and James: sliding doors
Real Madrid will play a crucial role in the desires of their European rivals, with both Isco and James quoted on the list by the Turin-based newspaper. The return of Zinedine Zidane to Los Blancos' bench has meant that that the Benalmádena playmaker has been given more prominence than with his time under Santiago Solari, and this has suggested that his departure is less likely than just a few months ago.
The Colombian, however, seems a much more feasible operation, although Bayern Munich have the initial say on how this will play out. As part of the two-year loan agreement, the Bundesliga giants have the option to purchase James rather than sending him back to the Spanish capital. They may choose to agree a deal with Juventus, and make a profit while they're at it.
Te recomendamos en English
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPICS Thompson-Herah wins women's 100m title and beats Fraser-Pryce
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Spain's late escape, as Brazil line up Mexico
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Team USA into quarters as Durant and Tatum star
- GOLD CUP USA vs Mexico: times, TV and how to watch online
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system