Barcelona: Luis Suárez "a cheat and a moaner", says Leboeuf
World Cup winner Frank Leboeuf says he's happy Barça went out of the Champions League, because he "can't stand" the way Suárez plays.
Former France defender Frank Leboeuf has laid into Luis Suárez, saying he was pleased to see Barcelona crash out of Europe because of his aversion to the striker.
"I hate the way he plays"
Speaking in the wake of Barça's Champions League semi-final exit to Liverpool, the 1998 World Cup winner admitted he "can't stand" players like Suárez.
"I admire Barcelona, but I was happy they got knocked out because of Luis Suárez," Leboeuf, 51, told RMC Sport. "I have no respect for players like him.
"He's a top player, but he's a cheat and a moaner. I hate the way he plays.
"If I were still a player, I don't think I'd make it through a whole match [against Suárez], and I think I'd do everything in my power to make sure he didn't finish the match, either."
Suárez "a bad example to youngsters"
Leboeuf, who won 50 France caps and played for clubs including Chelsea and Marseille during a 17-year career, added: "He's a bad example to youngsters.
"I can't stand seeing players like that out on the field."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades