Coutinho adds injury to insults and puts Copa place in doubt
The Copa del Rey final draws ever closer but following assessment of the Brazilian's injury after the game against Getafe, he may not be back in time.
It really wasn't a good evening at the Camp Nou for Barcelona's Philippe Coutinho on Sunday. The penultimate LaLiga game of the season against Champions League chasing Getafe, saw the Brazilian booed and whistled by fans from the moment his name was read out, and then an injury picked up that puts his place in the Copa del Rey final at risk.
Coutinho out for 10 days
The playmaker had to leave the pitch injured just after the hour mark, clearly in pain and holding the back of his left leg. As soon as the game was over, Coutinho underwent an MRI scan at the stadium and, while ruling out anything too serious, specified that he would likely be out for around 10 days.
Assuming no further complications, the player will be back at full training shortly before the final of the Copa del Rey, which is against Valencia on 25 May in Seville.
With continued reports suggesting that the former Liverpool star could leave the Spanish champions this summer, it could be that Coutinho has already played his final game in the famous blaugrana shirt. If that proves to be the case, it will be a rather bitter way to say goodbye to the club he dreamt of playing for: being whistled and leaving injured.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"