Dybala the 'chosen one' to replace Griezmann
In a poll held on as.com, Atlético Madrid fans opted for the Argentinian as their preferred choice to fill a Griezmann-sized hole.
As Atlético Madrid begin their search to replace Antoine Griezmann following the Frenchman's announcement that he would be leaving the club on Tuesday, as.com held a poll to find out fans' preferred choice to replace him.
Juventus forward Paulo Dybala came out on top by some distance, earning 5,500 votes, ahead of Arsenal duo Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Dybala plays in a similar position to Griezmann - the left-footed 26-year-old can operate as a false nine or on the left of a front three.
Nevertheless, the Argentinian has struggled this season, scoring 10 goals in 40 games, in stark contrast to his 26 goals in 46 games the season before. He has also been overshadowed by Cristiano Ronaldo's arrival at the club, which, according to those close to him, is further motivation to seek a move away: "There is a strong possibility of Paulo leaving Juventus; he needs a change," his brother Gustavo Dybala said last week.
According to Transfermarkt, Dybala's price tag is 100 million euros, making him one of the most expensive options for Los Rojiblancos.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win