Xavi wants Santi Cazorla to replace him at Al-Saad
Acording to Cadena SER's Carrusel programme, Cazorla's plan is to stay at Villarreal but he has received no shortage of offers from MLS, China...
Santi Cazorla has surprised everyone with the brilliant season he's enjoyed and it is not set in stone that he will stay on for another year with Villarreal - even though club president said recently that they plan to offer new deals to the midfielder and coach Javi Calleja. According to Antón Meana and Pablo Pinto on Carrusel Deportivo's Carrusel Confidential programme, the 34-year-old has been innundated with offers - including one to replace Xavi Hernández at Al-Saad.
Xavi officially announced that he will be hanging up his boots after tomorrow's AFC Champions League game against Persopolis to start a career in coaching with the Qatari club next season. He will need to bring in a playmaker to fill the position he will leave in the team and sees Cazorla as the ideal replacement.
Offers flood in for Santi Cazorla
Cazorla however isn't thinking of moving abroad at this late stage of his career and hopes to remain in Castellón with Villarreal. Cadena SER report that the contract he signed at the start of the season was for 500,000 euros per annum plus a bonus of 20,000 euros for every game he plays. He is very grateful to Villarreal for giving him a chance after his injury problems and his hope is to continue. Apart from Al-Saad, Cazorla is also believed to have offers from MLS, China and Japan.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future