John Brooks and DeAndre Yedlin to miss the 2019 Gold Cup
The United States defenders have been left out of Gregg Berhalter's preliminary squad list for the summer tournament through injury.
VfL Wolfsburg defender John Brooks is one such name missing from the list, and is ruled out of the tournament due to a knee ligament injury - Brooks missed the last two games of the Bundesliga season.
DeAndre Yedlin joins Brooks, with the Newcastle right-back suffering a groin surgery last week, leaving him out of the 40-man US provisional and definitive squad.
Gregg Berhalter needs to cut the list to 23 players by early June, while training camp opens next week in Annapolis, Maryland. The USMNT national team has exhibition games before the tournament begins, against Jamaica on June 5th at Audi Field, and on June 9th they will face Venezuela at Cincinnati.
The US men's national team open their title defense against Guyana on June 18th, which will be its first competitive match in 20 months since the loss against Trinidad & Tobago in October 2017, a game that left them out of the 2018 World Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped