LA Galaxy finally breaks losing streak with win over Orlando
Barros Schelotto's side got back to winning ways in their visit to Orlando City, despite the absence of star forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
LA Galaxy broke a four-game winless run at Orlando City Stadium where the home team, led by Nani, couldn't handle the pressure from the LA side.
Galaxy took the initiative from the beginning with Jona dos Santos being the engine and brain of the LA squad in the absence of Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Jona was the captain for the game and proved to be a good leader on the field and in the 18th minute the midfielder hit the back of Orlando's net with an outstanding shot to score the only goal of the game.
FT: Back to our regularly scheduled programming. pic.twitter.com/EQVVcQZbYA— LA Galaxy (@LAGalaxy) May 25, 2019
But Jona then made a huge mistake that could have had greater consequences if it hadn't been for David Bingham, as Jona committed a foul in the penalty area to grant Orlando a spot kick. Nani took responsibility but the Portuguese's attempt was saved by the Galaxy goalkeeper.
The second half was more of the same with both teams seeking the net. The Lions registered more shots on goal, but the home team couldn't find a way past Bingham, the Galaxy keeper stopping Orlando threw at him.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente