Sporting KC's Johnny Russell named MLS Player of the week
The forward scored a hat-trick against Seattle Sounders, giving his team a much-needed victory and earning the player of the week award.
Wondolowski scored again and broke another Landon Donovan record, Carlos Vela scored again in LAFC's 4-2 win over Montreal Impact, but neither were chosen as Player of the Week.
The Scottish player opened the scoring in the 29th minute and doubled SPK's lead before the break with a 30-yard dribble, before completing his hat-trick in the 68th minute.
Russell's hat-trick against Seattle was the second one of his MLS career and took his career tally in the league to 17 goals and 13 assists. This was the Scot's second Player of the Week award, his first coming last season.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS player of the week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer Reporters, while a Twitter fan vote represents the remaining 25%.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?