Barcelona: Griezmann signed deal in March, says Cadena SER
The radio station Cadena SER says it has seen documents that show Antoine Griezmann agreed terms with Barcelona two months ago.
Antoine Griezmann began negotiating with Barcelona last November and signed a deal with the Blaugrana two months ago, a report on Spanish radio has claimed.
Griezmann signed Barcelona deal in March, says SER
Cadena SER says it has had access to documents that show that Griezmann, who earlier this month confirmed his end-of-season departure from Atlético Madrid, agreed terms with Barça in March, at a time when Los Rojiblancos were still challenging for LaLiga and the Champions League.
Griezmann came close to moving to the Camp Nou 12 months ago, before finally announcing that he was staying in Madrid in the controversial documentary 'La Decisión', and putting pen to paper on a new Atleti contract running until 2023.
That deal includes a release clause that drops from 200m to 120m euros on 1 July.
Angry Atlético could report Barcelona to FIFA again
Atleti are said to be extremely unhappy about the situation and, having already reported Barça to FIFA for tapping up the forward in 2018, could do so again.
Negotiating with players without their club's consent is prohibited by world football's governing body unless they are in the last six months of their contract.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness