Barça to embark on 40,646 km pre-season global tour
The Catalan giants will play games in the United States, Japan and Russia as part of their preparation for the 2019-20 campaign.
The Catalan club have currently only confirmed two games as part of their summer pre season against Chelsea on July 23 in Saitama and Vissel Kobe on July 27 in the Japanese city. It does appear that the FC Barcelona pre-season tour will see the LaLiga holders play further games in the US and Russia along with the traditional Gamper tournament at Camp Nou.
After the two matches on Japanese soil, Valverde's men travel to Russia where they will face Zenit St. Petersburg on the first of August.
August 4th is the date for the 2019 edition of the Trofeo Gamper which serves as a presentation of the new season squad in front of the home fans at Camp Nou with Unai Emery's Arsenal the guests at this year's edition of the friendly.
The days of August 10 and 13 have been set aside as dates for two potential friendly games on US soil against rivals that have yet to be confirmed.
The expected distance of the Barça pre-season is a significant 40,646 km round trip with the LaLiga 2019-20 season set to get underway on August 16.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Robert Lewandowski's priority is Real Madrid
- QATAR 2022 What cities and stadiums will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup?
- PREMIER LEAGUE United's Pogba: 'We deserved to lose and need to find the problem'
- BARCELONA Dani Alves opens door for sensational Barcelona return
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS