Olympique Lyon deny Real Madrid have an agreement for Ferland Mendy
The Ligue 1 club issued a statement on their official Twitter account in which they denounced the information placing the left-back at Real Madrid.
Olympique Lyon have denied that there is an agreement in place with Real Madrid for Ferland Mendy. According to L'Équipe, the left-back passed a medical with Real Madrid this evening. However, Lyon have dismissed the claims in a statement issued on their official Twitter account: "Olympique Lyonnais deny that there is an agreement with Real Madrid for the future transfer of our international defender Ferland Mendy, contrary to what might be published by certain media outlets".
Deal expected to go through
#Communiqué— Olympique Lyonnais (@OL) 4 June 2019
L’Olympique Lyonnais dément un accord avec le Real Madrid pour un éventuel transfert de son défenseur international Ferland Mendy, contrairement à ce qui peut être relayé par certains médias. pic.twitter.com/VosYPMegPc
In spite of Lyon's statement, it seems that Real Madrid will announce Mendy as their new signing over the next few days. The French full-back is a priority reinforcement which Zidane and David Bettoni have petitiond the club to sign. The operation could be completed for a fee of around 50 million euros, with Mendy signing until June 2025.
Recommended in English
- LIGA MX Atlas to face Pumas UNAM in the semi-final
- PRIMEIRA LIGA Covid-hit Belenenses SAD hammered by Benfica in forfeited game
- JUVENTUS Juventus confirm police probe into Serie A club's transfer dealings
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats