Olympique Lyon deny Real Madrid have an agreement for Ferland Mendy
The Ligue 1 club issued a statement on their official Twitter account in which they denounced the information placing the left-back at Real Madrid.
Olympique Lyon have denied that there is an agreement in place with Real Madrid for Ferland Mendy. According to L'Équipe, the left-back passed a medical with Real Madrid this evening. However, Lyon have dismissed the claims in a statement issued on their official Twitter account: "Olympique Lyonnais deny that there is an agreement with Real Madrid for the future transfer of our international defender Ferland Mendy, contrary to what might be published by certain media outlets".
Deal expected to go through
#Communiqué— Olympique Lyonnais (@OL) 4 June 2019
L’Olympique Lyonnais dément un accord avec le Real Madrid pour un éventuel transfert de son défenseur international Ferland Mendy, contrairement à ce qui peut être relayé par certains médias. pic.twitter.com/VosYPMegPc
In spite of Lyon's statement, it seems that Real Madrid will announce Mendy as their new signing over the next few days. The French full-back is a priority reinforcement which Zidane and David Bettoni have petitiond the club to sign. The operation could be completed for a fee of around 50 million euros, with Mendy signing until June 2025.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team