Neymar: CBF president confirms Copa América presence despite rape case
Brazil federation president, Rogerico Caboclo, has assured that the PSG striker will not leave the Brazil squad ahead of the tournament.
The investigation into rape allegations brought against Neymar had brought his presence at the upcoming Copa América into doubt.
On Tuesday, Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) vice-president Francisco Noveletto claimed the PSG striker would withdraw from the Brazil squad due to the media pressure on him following the rape accusations, which the player vehemently denied in a video posted on his Instagram account on Sunday.
However, CBF president, Rogerico Caboclo, has assured that the 27-year-old will not leave the squad ahead of the tournament, which begins in Brazil on Saturday June 15.
Neymar will be at Copa América "100 percent"
"We have total confidence in Neymar. We know the person and the player he is. He is confident that everything will be resolved as soon as possible," explained Caboclo in an interview on Spanish radio channel Cadena SER, before confirming that the PSG star will "one hundred percent" be at the Copa América tournament.
Caboclo also added that he "has no concerns" regarding the future actions of the woman who has brought the rape allegations against Neymar.
The ex-Barcelona striker is currently training with the Brazil national team and could line out for the warm-up friendlies against Qatar and Honduras before the opening Group A clash against Bolivia on June 15 in Sao Paulo.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team