Neymar out of Copa América for Brazil
The Brazilian star of PSG has reportedly picked up another injury and has been ruled out of the summer tournament, leaving Tite to choose a replacement.
Neymar will miss Brazil's Copa América campaign due to a ligament rupture in his right ankle in a huge blow for the host nation.
No Neymar for Brazil's Copa
The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) confirmed the news after Neymar left Wednesday's 2-0 friendly win over Qatar in tears.
A tearful Neymar was carried down the tunnel with an ankle problem in the first half in Brasilia.
Neymar, who recovered from a knee injury leading into the international friendly, was substituted in the 21st minute and assisted into the locker room.
Brazil head coach Tite was hopeful Neymar had escaped serious injury ahead of the country's Copa opener against Bolivia on June 14.
However, tests revealed Neymar would not recover in time for the major South American tournament, which Brazil will host. This means that Tite can select a replacement from those players that missed out, the likes of Liverpool's Fabinho, Tottenham's Moura and Real Madrid's Vinicius all in with a shout.
Neymar is currently being investigated over an alleged rape, one in which video footage has been released apparently of the two coming to blows.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente