Neymar out of Copa América for Brazil
The Brazilian star of PSG has reportedly picked up another injury and has been ruled out of the summer tournament, leaving Tite to choose a replacement.
Neymar will miss Brazil's Copa América campaign due to a ligament rupture in his right ankle in a huge blow for the host nation.
No Neymar for Brazil's Copa
The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) confirmed the news after Neymar left Wednesday's 2-0 friendly win over Qatar in tears.
A tearful Neymar was carried down the tunnel with an ankle problem in the first half in Brasilia.
Neymar, who recovered from a knee injury leading into the international friendly, was substituted in the 21st minute and assisted into the locker room.
Brazil head coach Tite was hopeful Neymar had escaped serious injury ahead of the country's Copa opener against Bolivia on June 14.
However, tests revealed Neymar would not recover in time for the major South American tournament, which Brazil will host. This means that Tite can select a replacement from those players that missed out, the likes of Liverpool's Fabinho, Tottenham's Moura and Real Madrid's Vinicius all in with a shout.
Neymar is currently being investigated over an alleged rape, one in which video footage has been released apparently of the two coming to blows.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD NEWS Spanish volcanologist explains what will happen when the lava reaches the sea on La Palma
- NFL NFL: Which players were fined from Week 2?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-Of-Living-Projection historically high?
- US NEWS What age should you file for social security to get the maximum benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal vs Tottenham live online: Premier League 2021/22